ABOUT THE COMPANY:
A very well-funded FinTech startup that is on a mission to change their customer's financial futures. They use great tech and innovative ideas to provide a unique customer experience, via real human responsiveness rarely seen in their space.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The team here are working to build one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. They are looking for an experienced Tech Lead who has ideally come from a backend development background. You'll have plenty of war stories and experience from start-up to enterprise-scale projects.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to take a brand new product from discovery to production. If you've had previous experience successfully developing large, commercially viable technology products then this is the ideal role for you.
WHAT WILL YOUR DAY LOOK LIKE?
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Define the stack from the ground up
- Assist in hiring and building out the development team
- Work closely with the Product team on technical decisions and strategic planning
- Partner with the Operations, Marketing and Customer Success to deliver solutions
- Mentor the development team and assist with complex technical questions
- Experience crafting a solution from start to finish
- Pride yourself on cutting production ready code
- Proven experience with backend languages
- Good knowledge of the latest frontend technologies such as React/Vue and TypeScript
- Advanced knowledge of AWS EC2, RDS, ECS, Lambda and Cloudwatch
- Experience scaling an application or system on AWS to handle load
- Experience with CI/CD processes and systems
- Experience implementing best practice web security protocols and know what it takes to make system security best in class
It is also desirable if you have the following:
- Financial services sector experience
- Experience with payment solutions or large transactional systems
- Experience with React Native or other mobile technologies
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A company that embraces diversity and where your voice will be heard
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Awesome office space
Please apply online of contact Claire Lowe for more details on or 021 206 5083