The ChargeNet story is one of Kiwi ingenuity and perseverance. In 2015, they recognised a major issue with the EV market in NZ. The only place owners could charge them was at home, at a campground, or by hanging a cord out of a window. No one was willing to install charging stations with so few customer, and few were willing to buy an electric car without the charging infrastructure to support them.
Enter ChargeNet, who understood that in order to reduce our transport emissions, it was important to invest in supporting technology so that electric mobility is a viable option. ChargeNet’s goal to have 74 charging stations by 2019 was well and truly realized and there is now a comprehensive, growing network of 300 stations currently installed across NZ.
EV drivers can now travel the country with confidence and convenience, and the key to ChargeNet’s success has been there clever software that allows stations to recoup costs by billing the users.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented development team that are continuing to improve and innovate. As either an intermediate or senior level developer, you will deliver high quality software solutions that support ChargeNet’s core business and new opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and improve the back-end and front-end systems
- Bug fixing
- Performing code reviews
- Elicit requirements and document these
- Deploy software
- Work on exciting projects
We are seeking a team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. In addition, you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong skills in Java, Rest API and React front-end
- SQL database experience
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud native deployments highly desirable
- Golang experience not essential but desirable (good chance to learn this if you don’t already have these skills)
- Great working environment in a company really making a difference
- Choice of work from home and office or fully remote
- Free charging at work if you have an EV
- Career growth opportunities
- Plenty of opportunities to upskill and learn