This business is one of the leaders in its field and has a truly global presence. Going through an exciting period of transformation now is a great time to join their talented and passionate team. This organisation values its people and customers, and its global outlook means there are plenty of career progression opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the senior engineer, you will be the global technical owner for all of the company's systems and infrastructure. As part of the platform engineering team, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining up to date and fit for purpose IT systems. This role will work with the architecture and delivery teams to design and deliver solutions that align with the IT Strategy and Roadmap.
The role of Senior Systems Engineer will involve providing mentoring to the project and support teams, and will also look at how the business makes better use of Azure, removing dependencies on their on-premises systems. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation and future planning for all Windows/Linux based servers including Active Directory and other related systems.
- Solution design and delivery for infrastructure and system-related projects, establishing standards & policy and documentation methodologies.
- Implementing the retention and disposal policy through their backup systems.
- Stakeholder & Vendor management including managing the Microsoft relationship.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and taking appropriate action through leading strategic planning sessions.
- Advising and interacting with all levels of management and staff
We are seeking someone with 7+ years of experience in systems engineering roles, including several years at a senior level and experience with on-premises Windows Domain and Active Directory Infrastructure across a global environment. You'll need the ability to lead by example and influence staff without direct line management responsibilities. You should also bring:
- Expertise in Microsoft Active Directory (WSUS, SCCM, patch management, group policy etc…)
- Some exposure to Azure and the willingness to learn and develop in this space
- Expertise in Windows Administration
- Expertise in PowerShell scripting
- Proficiency in enterprise security including but not limited to identity management, authentication, authorisation and automated user provisioning
- Proficiency with Networking (DHCP, DNS, BGP etc…)
- Experience participating in the supplier selection process, evaluating the usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations
- Flexible working arrangements - good mix of home and office
- Plenty of upskilling and career progression opportunities
- Supportive leadership in a diverse and inclusive working environment
Please apply online, or for more details contact Clara Courtin on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 227 9091