This leading enterprise is a true Kiwi success story and an organisation you will definitely want on your CV. Their people, knowledge and passion for their industry are what really sets them apart. They are rolling out a huge portfolio of transformative initiatives to ensure they continue to deliver market-leading digital experiences for their customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity due to an internal promotion within the Shared Services team. You’ll implement business logic, domain and data models, software layers and user interfaces. We are looking for someone to come on board and work in the team that creates the APIs and integration layer that supports the digital front end and supply chain systems of the company. You’ll work with Java, Spring Boot (or Spring), Kubernetes & Kafka.
This is a talented and passionate team of market innovators that challenge the status quo.
You will have a key role in developing culture, supporting and leading the software engineering team by supporting their development. You'll manage various innovation initiatives and provide technical direction across a diverse team.
- Implement business logic, domain and data models, software layers and user interfaces whilst taking a full set of architectural, business and operational requirements into account
- Write high quality code that is accompanied by high level of automated testing, performance and health monitoring as well as comprehensive technical documentation
- Ensure thorough understanding of application portfolio to support optimal technical design decisions
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate developers
- Provide feedback to other team members during design reviews, code reviews and during pairing and swarming activities
- Liaise with business stakeholders to ensure a correct understanding of business requirements and priorities
- Utlise your frontend, backend and architectural capabilities (or principles of architecture)
Although this is a senior role, we are seeking someone who is still close to the technology and can roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty when required
- Experience in a software development with the ability to collaborate, work as a team, and enjoy releasing software in-time that meets the highest quality standards
- Deep knowledge of Java (Hibernate, Spring Boot, Junit, Maven, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Groovy)
- Experience with large-scale, high volume applications with heavy exposure and implementation experience in modern technology, architecture and automation patterns
- Active involvement in setting technical and product strategy
- Job Security - very stable industry
- Work / Life balance
- Generous remuneration package
- Exceptional working environment
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity with one of New Zealand's leading organisations. Apply today, or for more information contact Claire Lowe on 021 206 5083