A well-known business in the public sector. This organisation offers a great working environment, heaps of flexibility and plenty of perks. All of the work you do here will have a positive impact on New Zealander's.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a key role within the Intelligence and Analytics function of the Knowledge Services team. You will be responsible for setting best practices, frameworks and guidelines to deliver multiple projects and Intelligence & Analytics initiatives. This position will drive the building of a single source of truth in data, which will be used to generate intelligence and support analytics, as well as implementing consistent data governance practices.
Your broad responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Improve the way the company store, retrieve and use Intelligence & Analytics data assets
- Identify data sources that should be part of their data landscape and design and lead integration work to bring data into the Intelligence Data Warehouse
- Provide data engineering leadership for the development of optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design and lead the implementation of process improvements including automating manual processes, optimising data delivery etc.
- Lead the data design required for optional extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Help to build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights
- Drive end to end good data practices and behaviour
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and delivering complex Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- Proven experience in Data Modelling (Inmon, Kimall, Data Vault)
- Proven experience in building sustainable data frameworks to support decision making/intelligence development
- Excellent understanding of big data analysis techniques across on-prem and cloud platforms
- Proficiency with SQL, ETL and ELT concepts, OLAP, meta driven solutions, and semantic layers
- Expertise in managing entire project lifecycles in Information Management solutions
- Proven experience building and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of multiple domain areas, such as data governance, data architecture, data quality management, data security etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with cloud data warehousing solutions (Azure)
- Experience building and optimising data pipelines, architectures, data warehouses, data marts and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes
- Experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from diverse structured and unstructured data sets
This organisation values its people and their skills, as well as their differences. They offer an inspiring and innovative working environment in which to grow your career. You'll work with talented and passionate colleagues and have supportive leadership. In addition, they offer:
- Good work/life balance
- Mix of work from home and office
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing programme
- Additional annual leave entitlement
Don't delay and miss out on this fantastic opportunity. Please apply online or contact Lisa Cooley for more details on 021 029 81422 or firstname.lastname@example.org