One of the most well-known organisations in New Zealand, this company makes a real difference to Kiwi's lives. They offer an outstanding working environment and the chance to work with dedicated, passionate and talented colleagues. As a contractor, you will still be treated as part of the family.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Performance Test Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all software released is robust, secure, operates with complete integrity; and meets the needs of the business. The role will be involved in the non-functional and performance testing of the latest web technologies as well as their core systems.
WHAT WILL YOUR DAYS LOOK LIKE?
Your days will be busy in this varied role. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Involvement in the test strategy, test planning, progress estimations, progress reports, documentation for all performance test related activities.
- Assist in development and maintenance of testing and implementation procedures, ensuring that all software testing and releases are properly documented and auditable.
- Design, develop, maintain and execute new and existing test scripts utilizing JMeter load testing software to ensure accurate test coverage and efficient testing
- Maintain all test assets and ensure system changes and defects are reflected within associated test assets.
- Ensure proper authorisation processes are adhered to by the business for system change control.
- Maintain and manage the issues and defects in Jira, ensuring that all system enhancements and problems are recorded and processed efficiently and working closely with development teams on issue resolution.
- Measure and analyze performance data (workload, system and application)
- Work closely with development teams, architects and engineers to test targeted application under load and make recommendations to improve performance, reliability and stability
- Analysing metrics from application and system logs
- Identify bottlenecks and work with technical team to improve performance and reliability
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking someone with the following skills and experience:
- Over 2 years’ experience in JMeter
- Experience in testing rich internet applications, and the latest web technologies
- Experience in testing APIs, soap and rest
- Experience with test automation scripts using SOAPUI, Postman or other API tools)
- Experience in a real-time transaction-processing environment.
- Knowledge in utilizing CI/CD in conjunction with JMeter (Jenkins and Gitlab or Github)
Don't miss out on this awesome contracting opportunity. Apply online, or for more information contact Nicola Stewart on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 246 7617