This organisation is on a journey to modernise their technology landscape. They are well known to all Kiwis and offer a first class working environment. People here are passionate about what they do and you will get to work with super smart and talented colleagues. The work done here goes towards helping the lives of a huge number of New Zealanders.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Within this role, you will project manage the delivery of IT project initiatives to support a strategic programme of work. You will also manage some continuous improvement initiatives to optimise BAU delivery capability,
- Project management of technology upgrades, system replacements, network improvements, innovation and modernisation initiatives.
- Manage initiatives through entire execution to ensure they are delivered in accordance to agreed scope, budget, and timeframes.
- Work closely with Programme and IT teams to understand prioritised strategic project set.
- Work closely with GM Technology and IT team to understand IT initiatives
- Determine plans and schedules to deliver both strategic and IT initiatives, inclusive of clear milestones, resource plans, budgets, and governance structure
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Establish ways of working and meetings to ensure clear communication to stakeholders.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and teams to provide encouragement, identify problems, and allow for solution creation.
- Translate and explain complex technical issues in a way that other business stakeholders can understand.
- Provide input into delivery improvement initiatives to optimise delivery of value and outcomes.
- Anticipate requirement of future projects by communicating with key internal stakeholders and by staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- 8+ years’ experience within the IT infrastructure space
- 5+ years’ experience of application and system upgrades
- Knowledge of network and infrastructure technologies
- Ability to influence and drive performance of both internal teams and external vendors
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience with project scheduling, documentation and workflow tools e.g. MS Project, Jira, Confluence, PowerPoint.
- Broad knowledge of whole stack technology – from hardware, networking, databases, middleware, applications, and digital channels
- Flexible working
- Contractors treated like part of the family
- 6 month contract with possible extension
- First class working environment
Ideally, we are looking for someone to start before Christmas, but there is the possibility to wait for the right person. Don't delay, apply online or contact Lisa Cooley for more information on 021 029 81422