ABOUT THE COMPANY:
An exciting SaaS company with nearly 50,000 customers worldwide, and who are truly global leaders in their space. In 2020 they focused heavily on ensuring no one in the business lost their jobs, as well as helping their customers to survive. Needless to say, this is a great place to work and now is an awesome time to lead their passionate and talented Engineering and QA team as they scale up for 2021.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join an established SaaS company with a world-class product, great people and a high-trust culture. You will lead and grow the Engineers and QAs, helping to take the business to the next level.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for supporting the company's organisational goals at a product implementation level, and will oversee and coordinate the people, resources and processes required to ensure a high degree of technical excellence and people management is applied to their product development need
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Scaling the engineering team structure including management reporting lines in a high-growth environment
- Carrying out headcount planning to meet strategic objectives, while identifying any skill gaps that need filling
- Seeking to implement a scalable and efficient technical hiring process that supports the growth of the team
- Providing leadership and guidance to coach and motivate team leads and technical leads to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Developing and communicating a career progression framework
- Identifying and growing new leaders within the team to take on people management or technical leadership duties
- Working with other tech & product leaders to drive a high degree of autonomy, motivation and execution within the product teams
- Seeking to structure the company's product teams to meet strategic objectives while maximising individual skillsets
- Advocating for technical excellence at a senior leadership level, surfacing up constraints around people, processes and architecture
- Ensuring security, performance and reliability are embedded into the team's culture, and considered at all parts of the SDLC
- Recognising and celebrating achievement among the team
- Contributing to product, platform and technical roadmaps
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Seasoned experience in a SaaS business.
- Experience managing and scaling engineering teams from 10 to 50+ engineers.
- Experience scaling multiple product delivery teams.
- A strong leadership ability from both a technical and people perspective, and a leadership approach that is passionate, energetic, personable and humble
- An engineering background with around 10 years of practical experience
- A passion for technology and learning about new technology developments & trends
- An Agile mindset with experience in overseeing and delivering projects using Agile principles such as iterative releases and customer feedback
- The confidence to push boundaries and challenge yourself and your teams to do more, faster and better
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work from home, or the office, or both. Must live in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
- You'll be provided with all the equipment you need for a great home office
- Wellness and professional development benefit with annual budgets to help you master your wellbeing and growth
- The chance to work with super talented and passionate people in a market-leading organisation
Please apply online or contact Claire Lowe for more details on or 021 206 5083