ABOUT THE COMPANY:
A well-funded software startup, operating in a very cool sector. They are going from strength to strength and have expanded globally, with some high profile clients in their field. Working here means working with talented, fun colleagues who love everything gaming. Although you can be fully remote from anywhere in NZ, you'll still get together with the team online and in-person for fun team events.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working from the comfort of your own home, you'll play a key part in this company's success as their first DevOps Engineer. You will bring your passion for technology and will collaborate with the other members of the development team to deliver software and continually improve their DevOps processes to deliver better solutions, faster.
- Architect and improve continuous integration and build systems
- Provide advice on DevOps best practices and development in general
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting, develop codes and sprints
- Adhoc software development if required
- Work closely with the development team and provide feedback around tools, monitoring and best practices
- Quality control (environments and deployments)
- Previous commercial experience working in a DevOps focused engineering role
- Solid understanding of Cloud environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- CI/CD experience with gitlab runners
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with deployments (including disaster recovery in the cloud)
- Solid understanding of Git and Linux infrastructure, preferably including virtualisation
- Clear understanding and passion for all aspects of the gaming industry including video games, tabletop games etc
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Remote work, but regular paid trips for fun team activities
- Great team culture
- Lots of autonomy, no micromanagement here
- Grow with the business
Apply online or contact Claire Lowe for more details on or 021 206 5083