ABOUT THE COMPANY:
A SaaS company going from strength to strength, with 40,000 businesses globally using their platform. They are values-driven and passionate about providing a memorable and seamless customer experience. They celebrate individuality and believe people do better work when they can be themselves.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to growth, this business has created a new role in the data space in order to continue delivering the high level of performance and innovation that their customers expect.
- Working with the Platform and Data teams to ensure the production SQL databases are highly available, performing optimally, and secured as per industry best practices
- Working closely with the product teams to develop database objects and scripts
- Deploying ad-hoc SQL changes for other teams when necessary.
- Consulting with the internal analytics team and/or helping them to compose reporting queries against the SQL or Snowflake databases.
- Follow up on performance issues by flagging concerns with product teams, or optimising code and/or data structures to improve performance.
- Exposing data for, and developing reports in SSRS, PowerBI, Excel, etc.
We're seeking someone passionate about supporting business-critical data platforms, and who wants to continually up-skill and grow in their chosen field. In addition, to be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in a comparable role, with the capability to work closely with teams of developers/engineers to solve tricky problems with minimal hand-holding
- SQL Server experience is a must
- Experience with reporting services, SSIS, Data Factory, Snowflake, Event Hubs, Azure Functions (C#, Python, PowerShell) and PowerBI all desirable
- Good working knowledge of Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms
- The want to do things the right way, with no short-cuts, just good secure processes & code
- The confidence to suggest your own ideas to make their systems even more awesome
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Fully remote work if that's your jam
- Brand new equipment when you start
- Health & wellbeing and professional development allowances
- A supportive environment where you can always be yourself
Apply online or contact Claire Lowe on or 021 206 5083