An organisation that is well known to all Kiwis and offers a first-class working environment. People here are passionate about what they do and you will get to work with super smart and talented colleagues. The work done here goes towards helping the lives of a huge number of New Zealanders.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and supporting the systems and processes in place for collection, storage and availability of data across the business.
You'll work closely with the wider Data & Analytics team as well as IT to bridge the gap between source data produced by the IT systems, and business needs for insights and analytics that support decision making.
We are looking for someone with the skills and expertise to turn raw data into semantically organised high value data assets that can be consumed by analysts, data scientists and the wider business. As well as knowing all things data engineering, you will have a good understanding of how data and insights support the business strategy, ensuring the organisation is maximising value from data.
In addition, we are looking for someone who can bring:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of modern cloud data platforms and working with standard and unstructured data, preferably in Azure
- Knowledge of cloud data management tools such as Data Factory and Databricks
- Knowledge of relational database management
- Expert knowledge of SQL and/or Python
- Knowledge of data visualization tools - PowerBI and Tableau
- Expert ability in Excel and other statistical software packages such as R or SAS
- Excellent benefits package including health & life insurance and wellness benefit
- Fantastic working environment and flexible working arrangements
- Plenty of career progression and upskilling opportunities
Please apply online, or for more information contact Nicola Stewart on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 242 9753