Our client is a leading FinTech business in New Zealand with an extremely strong global presence. They are very well-known in other markets and are making their mark in New Zealand.
They are an innovative, fully integrated platform designed with simplicity at its core and partner with brands and companies in the retail and ecommerce sector. You will have the benefits of a start-up backed and supported by a multi-billion-dollar company. You'll be in a new office space working with like-minded people in Auckland City.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to recent growth our client is looking to expand their analytics competence, which plays an important role during and after closing agreements with their merchants, to enable them to use the products as soon after signing as possible.
The Commercial Analytics Manager is the merchant success team’s “CFO” that has the ownership over understanding the team’s portfolio P&L and the underlying performance. You will be involved early in the sales process and helping the team understand the market returns and suggest where to focus from a profitability perspective. From an early stage you will take ownership over the full P&L impact and make decisions that will benefit the team and wider company
You will be responsible for working closely with the merchant and consumer underwriting teams as well as the teams for each of our live products in the Australian market. This person will manage merchant and consumer analytics, conversion, errands, profitability and fraud throughout the portfolio. You will support the creation of internal and external business cases, including pricing.
- Understanding the market dynamics within the team scope.
- Understanding the implications of pricing and underwriting.
- Providing recommendations based on data driven insights.
- Understanding both the Merchant and internal business by leveraging internal and external data.
- Coming up with different scenarios to support negotiation strategies.
- Monitoring performance in order to find ways to optimise for both the Merchant and company
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business).
- Applicable work experience, at least 4 years within a Finance/Data environment.
- A particular focus on Fintech and Retail is preferable but not essential.
- The ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as understand programming languages (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…).
- Professional qualification(s) in Accounting or related Banking/Finance fields.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong conceptual ability.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role before applying, please touch base with Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 306 0881. Please apply directly and we will be in touch.