One of New Zealand's fast-growing producers is looking for an outstanding COO to provide strategic leadership; direction and growth as they continue their globally.
Known to many Kiwi's in the beverage industry for their relatable approach to their customers; award winning products with a core focus on innovation. They are one of the most talked about brands in the industry in the press globally! They pride themselves on their unique brand positioning; collaborations and product innovation.
The company is continually growing and going from strength to strength. They are needing support from strategy through to operations.
The team and culture are fun; get stuck in and have a true passion to be the leaders in their field. They support each other; embody an entrepreneurial mindsets and all strive to a common goal.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for someone who has strong financial commercial experience working with customers; understanding the commercial proposition of the company and making decisions and providing structure for their long term growth.
The outstanding CCO will bring strong financial, operational, managerial, procurement procedures and reporting structures to the company. They will effectively communicate and foster growth among the senior management team and all employees.
This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur further growth, and increase the overall efficiency of the company.
You will work closely with the co-founders to continue their growth plans; leverage their collaborations and innovation and extending their diversified portfolio. The export market is a huge area for this company with negotiations into large overseas retailers - they need someone with good negotiating skills who is comfortable presenting at executive level globally.
EXPECTED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide management to staff and leadership to the organisation that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Assist executive team members in creating, growing and building a world class, industry leading organisation.
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CFO, founders and other key executive team members.
- Partner with the CFO to achieve favourable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, banking, systems, reporting and controls.
- Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability.
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company.
- Support the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Work closely with the senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company including but not limited to operational staff and senior management level employees.
- Forge strategic partnerships and business relationships.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Previous experience in a COO/CFO/CCO or GM role (with commercial background) in a fast-growing export business, particularly with exposure to USA and Europe markets.
- Experience reporting/presenting to a Board.
- FMCG experience working across supply chain /operations/procurement would be preferred.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and hardworking.
- Great communicator, both written and verbal.
- Well presented, professional and approachable.
- Strong Commercial Acumen.
- Exceptional interpersonal dexterity and advanced skills in diplomacy and communication.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please feel free to touch base with Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0272743203. Alternatively, please apply and she will be in touch.