The ChargeNet story is one of Kiwi ingenuity and perseverance. In 2015, they recognised a major issue with the EV market in NZ. The only place owners could charge them was at home, at a campground, or by hanging a cord out of a window. No one was willing to install charging stations with so few customers, and few were willing to buy an electric car without the charging infrastructure to support them.
Enter ChargeNet, who understood that in order to reduce our transport emissions, it was important to invest in supporting technology so that electric mobility is a viable option. ChargeNet’s goal to have 74 charging stations by 2019 was well and truly realized and there is now a comprehensive, growing network of 300 stations currently installed across NZ.
EV drivers can now travel the country with confidence and convenience, and the key to ChargeNet’s success has been their clever software that allows stations to recoup costs by billing the users.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the COO, you will oversee ChargeNet’s operations and be responsible for the efficiency and functionality of the business to drive sustainable business growth, delivering the business outcomes agreed with the CEO and Board. You will provide visible and inspiring leadership that drives business performance and enables high levels of employee engagement.
- Develop and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set goals for company performance and growth
- Establish and champion policies that promote and support the company values and vision
- Develop, coach and mentor the team, with currently six direct reports: Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Technology, Network, Projects
- Oversee daily operations and make adjustments as necessary
- Provide performance reports as required to the CEO and Board
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to measure company performance
- Develop and implement growth strategies
- Effective implementation of business improvement initiatives
- Develop and implement customer management of charger owners and drivers
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, external suppliers and associated persons
- Protect and enhance ChargeNet’s public reputation
- Ensure that appropriate plans, documentation, processes and procedures are in place to meet all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure ChargeNet maintains to a high standard a safe and healthy workplace for employees
We are seeking someone with a solid track record in similar roles; with both an entrepreneurial and project focused mindset. You will be comfortable setting strategy for the business and have strong contract negotiation and legal knowledge. In addition, you will bring the following:=
- Strong financial acumen
- Sales and Marketing knowledge
- Decisiveness and strong problem solving skills
- A process-oriented approach
- The ability to coach and mentor others, and foster a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is truly making a difference and changing the landscape of NZ. You'll play a key role in the growth of a world-class EV charging network to keep NZ charging into the future, and that allows NZ businesses to embrace a sustainable future by providing reliable, smart and accessible charging solutions that are simple for them to deploy.
For more information, contact Lisa Cooley on 021 029 81422 or email@example.com