RiverWatch is a well funded startup with a unique offering. They are on a mission to reverse the decline of freshwater health by using advanced data communication and remote sensing to target restoration where it is most needed.
This is the next generation of water quality monitoring. Their Waka device has the latest in remote sensing technology and IoT network communications, delivering real-time data to the RiverWatch cloud platform. The Artificial Intelligence programmes have been developed by water quality scientists, providing real-time data interpretation directly to a desktop or mobile device.
RiverWatch is enabling everyone to participate in stewardship and kaitiakitanga (guardianship) of our water.
About the role
We have partnered with RiverWatch to find their first Business Development Manager.
An opportunity like this doesn’t come around often, where you can pair your natural sales ability while making a real impact and difference to the quality of New Zealand’s waterways through disrupting the market.
You’ll be working closely with the CEO to set the sales strategy, build relationships with their key customer persona groups, work on expansion projects and ultimately build a sales team.
The role has a huge amount of autonomy and you’ll be supported by the wider business and marketing team to develop RiverWatch’s sales ‘playbook’.
You will be challenged in the role and will have the opportunity to support RiverWatch in multiple areas of the business as they continue to grow.
Their head office is based in Queenstown, but we are open to candidates NZ wide – there would be a requirement to travel and if you ever wanted to move to Queenstown, this could be your opportunity!
- At least 5 years’ experience in a business development, strategic sales, account management or similar role, ideally within technology, environmental science or similar in New Zealand
- Experience with several of their key customer personas (Government, Iwi, Framers, Agriculture and Environmental Consultants, Industry)
- A proven professional track record of achieving business development sales targets
- A strong desire to learn an environmental product that is seeking to disrupt the industry which will allow for rapid career advancement
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: you must have the ability to develop and lead sales conversations, build rapport, and drive these conversations to a constructive conclusion
- Outstanding written communication skills, with the ability to structure ideas in a logical way and communicate difficult technical concepts clearly
- An ability to understand and communicate scientific technology to our customers
- Self-driven, able to manage themselves and achieve desired outcomes
Please apply for the role online and we will be in touch.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the role, please feel free to call Louise Paulin on 0272743203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org