This well established business is a true Kiwi success story that continues to go from strength to strength and lead the way in their industry. They offer a good working environment, plenty of flexibility and lots of career progression and upskilling opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Product Owner role is key in creating and ensuring delivery to the product vision and ensuring a constructive and positive relationship between IT and the other business units.
This is a busy and varied role in which your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with Technology leads and Solutions Architect to build a product roadmap and long-term vision and strategy for the company’s products.
- Working closely with the peers and team members to provide governance and oversight of new features and enhancements.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transactional level.
- Build and maintain Agile team backlog, with input from customer, Business Analyst, System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Review and prioritise Agile Team backlog for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Participate in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories. This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets team’s Definition of Done
- Participate in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes.
- Work across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
- 2-3+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 2+ years experience in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyse/synthesize product use data.
- Experience in either the Finance, Insurance or both domains highly desirable.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Good mix of work from home and office
- Career progression and upskilling opportunities
- Colleagues who are passionate and talented
- Supportive leadership
Please apply online, or for more information contact Sarah Malcolm on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 215 0562