Work for a globally recognised success story tech company that is changing the way primary industries operate.
There is a lot of talk around the success of the company and the exciting challenges and projects they face and work on;if writing code for robots sounds like you, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Their offices are located just outside of Tauranga CBD.
This company maximises productivity in the fibre and food industries by developing smart robotics, sensor technology, automation and mechanisation.
They have a great work environment and have some of the best in the industry working for them. This is the perfect opportunity for an intermediate or senior C/C++ developer to work with an impressive company and broaden and fine tune their development skills.
*We are looking for both Senior and Intermediate Software Engineers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working alongside Mechanical and Mechatronics engineers in multi-disciplined teams, you will be programming on memory efficient languages (C/C++) finding and building solutions, contributing to early research and development for their robotics, automation, sensor technology and mechanisation initiatives.
This will start with feasibility research, right through to prototyping designing and system deployment. Your responsibilities will include supporting integration, testing, refinement and consequently contribute to the commercialisation of their products.
This teams values creativity and teamwork and therefore it is important to note that no day will every be the same in this role; one day you may be coding, the other spending time with the project leads drafting idea for the next steps, or you may be in the workshop testing the machines with the engineers.
KEY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- A computer science degree, or similar.
- 3-4 years experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience on C/C++ (or other memory efficient languages)
- Experience on Python.
- Experience of software testing/validation.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of build systems e.g Cmake/Make.
- Interfacing with and coordination of software and hardware systems.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working opportunities available.
- Private health insurance.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Friday drinks.
- The opportunity to learn and grow your skills from one of the best teams in the industry.