This business is the true leader in their field in NZ and is undertaking a digital transformation that will ensure they continue to set themselves apart from the competition for years to come. As well as offering a first-class working environment, you'll get to work with fantastic leaders and colleagues. This business offers a generous salary, bonus and plenty of perks.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The purpose of this newly created role is to deliver the data strategy for the organisation. You will drive the delivery of the Data Warehouse and governance so that the business can leverage information to make informed decisions. In this broad role, you will both lead and deliver data management activities, so you'll not be afraid of rolling your sleeves up and getting things done.
- Data Governance and Architecture – including strategic planning, and design of processes, controls and risk management of data. Introducing frameworks, processes and practices to provide accurate, reliable and actionable data insights.
- Data Infrastructure – including master data and reference data management.
- Data Management – including, planning, delivery and data migration.
- Data Modelling - including file based, relational and star schema modelling.
- Data Insight – including identifying innovative ways of using data to meet the business strategy. Providing senior management with data analysis and reporting to inform effective decision-making.
- Data Engineering – including building, maintaining and monitoring relevant systems and platforms.
- Security & Compliance – including regulatory compliance. Raising standards in the management of data, defining and monitoring these standards.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the business to identify opportunities and risks for improved Data management.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Define value of good data management and analytics and promote this to the wider team/function heads for broad buy-in.
- Build role as a cross-functional data champion to help create and maintain a datacentric culture.
- Provide data governance guidance.
- People leadership.
- An understanding of cloud and on-premise data and analytics platforms, including Data Lake and Data Warehouse architectures, analytical solutions, and the use of relevant development methodologies (e.g. AGILE); and the integration of structured and un-structured data.
- Experience with data governance and data management toolsets.
- Familiar with the expectations and policies regarding privacy and data sovereignty
- Experience defining data and analytics strategies, and driving roadmaps, initiatives and programs.
- Experience working with Vendors to deliver the Data platform/ warehouse for the business
- Experience in implementing Reporting software
- Practical knowledge of tools, frameworks & technologies within at least one of the following categories:
- Business Intelligence (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Machine Learning (R, Python, SAS, SPSS)
- Big Data (Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL Databases, Data Lakes & Platforms)
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
The working environment this organisation offers is second to none, and you'll work with leaders and colleagues at the very top of their game. This is a chance to be something special and industry-leading.
In addition to a great salary, there is also the chance to earn a very generous bonus and a number of additional perks.
This is an opportunity not to be missed. Apply online ASAP, or for more information contact Sarah Malcolm on email@example.com or 027 215 0562